54) The Pursuit of Happiness
I was joined with Dr. Ashley Frawler: Researcher and Senior Lecturer in Criminology, Sociology, and Social Policy. We discussed the Pursuit of Happiness and how it has been manipulated and misrepresented for the public.
Her research includes:
- Mindfulness and the 'Psychological Impagination'
- The value in 'value': An exercise for pluralizing economics instruction, Medicalization of social problems
- Not very NICE: deviance, stigma, and nutritional guidelines related to healthy weight and obesity
- "Unhappy News": Process, Rhetoric, and Context in the Making of the Happiness Problem
- Happiness Research: A Review of Critiques